“THE MARGIN OF TIME”, with Eunice and Lídia Muñoz
24th of July | 9.30 pm
Location: Lagos Cultural Center – Duval Pestana Auditorium
Org.: CM Lagos
Class Age: M12
Ticket: €10 (usual discounts apply)
EUNICE MUÑOZ – FAREWELL TO THE STAGES
At 91, Eunice Muñoz feels ready to leave the stage. More than a farewell, the show “A Margem do Tempo” is a witness to his granddaughter Lídia Muñoz and to future generations. The renowned actress once again takes on an intervening role in her career, in this intimate show, where grandmother and granddaughter act together to the sound of an original soundtrack created and performed by conductor Nuno Feist, confronting us with various reflections on women in our society .
– What life is allowed to us by today’s society?
– Once the 40 hours of weekly work have been achieved, what are the other 128? Free time to exercise what freedom?
– What is the life of a woman employed in a factory, in her middle age, without a sex life?
– To what extent has this struggled for since the beginning of the century, the power of a woman to earn her living and live her life alone, has it changed society? Or to what extent was it not just finding a place on the margins of society, a makeshift temporary place, an interim life?
– In a society organized around production relations and the family, what place is there for women alone?
Directed by Sérgio Moura Afonso, “A Margem do Tempo” is a wordless show where music plays a fundamental role, and can even be considered a third actor. In “The Margin of Time”, author Franz Xaver Kroetz makes us experience an evening of Mrs. Rasch. A striking piece from 1978, but always current!