The Church of São Pedro is located in the city of Faro and is a primitive chapel built by sailors. It was expanded due to the transfer of the new parish headquarters, having been completely rebuilt in the middle of the 16th century. Affected by the 1755 earthquake, it was rebuilt again. On the facade, the portico is framed by two pairs of ionic columns that support the cornice topped with a niche, with the statue of São Pedro.
Inside, it has three naves and a headboard composed of a chancel and two vaulted side chapels. The chancel has an altarpiece from the late 17th century, probably one of the first examples of the Baroque style in the Algarve.
Also noteworthy is the Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Vitória, which has a rococo altarpiece, the tiles of the Chapel of Souls and the set of sculptures from the 17th and 18th centuries that fill the various altars of the church.