It is located in Vila-Adentro, next to the walls, in a part of the old castle.
Before its construction, which took place between 1930 and 1940, this area had already been occupied by manufacturing facilities since the last quarter of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, including an alcohol distillation factory between 1904 and 1935.
In view of this industrialization process aimed at modernizing the city, a section of the wall was destroyed around 1930 – which gave rise to Rua Nova do Castelo – in order to facilitate car circulation.
It is one of the first examples built in reinforced concrete, which never operated as a factory.
Between 1968 – 1992 it was occupied by Cervisul (southern beer and wine distributor) and by the Southern Infantry Regiment.
In 1998/1999 the property was acquired by the Faro City Council with the aim of giving it a new use.